What is Security?April 12, 2018
How Acadian Won the 2018 SAMMY Award for Best Content MarketingJune 11, 2018
The flowers outside are starting to bloom and home projects are ramping up. Now is a great time to double check your home security and automation.
- Check your settings on your connected thermostat, now that you’ve probably made the switch back to your air conditioner. Set temperature schedules for maximum comfort and energy savings.
- With the recent change to Daylight Saving Time, make it a point to check your smoke detector batteries and replace them if necessary.
- Adjust your smart home lighting schedules to take Daylight Saving Time into effect, helping you to save extra energy.
- If you don’t have video cameras installed, consider adding them to your home security plan. When the weather warms up, more people spend time outside, including ones who may be up to no good.
- Be sure to trim shrubs and plants growing under your home’s windows, to keep maximum visibility and minimize hiding places.
- If you open the windows during the day, make sure they are closed and locked in the evenings.
- As you’re outside doing yard work or landscaping projects, check to make sure your house numbers are clearly visible from the road. If they’re not, invest in new numbers and install them. These help first responders quickly locate your home in the event of an emergency.
Contact us today for a free home security and automation quote.
Learn more about home automation from Acadian Total Security.