The flowers outside are starting to bloom and home projects are ramping up. Now is a great time to check your home security and automation system to make sure you’re utilizing all of its features to get the most out of it.
Below is a list of things you can do right now to help save energy costs and make sure you’re protected if a threat is made on you, your home or your loved ones:
- Check your settings on your connected thermostat, now that you’ve probably made the switch back to your air conditioner. Set temperature schedules for maximum comfort and energy savings.
- With the recent change to Daylight Saving Time, make it a point to check your smoke detector batteries and replace them if necessary.
- Adjust your smart home lighting schedules to take Daylight Saving Time into effect, helping you to save extra energy.
- If you don’t have video cameras installed, consider adding them to your home security plan. When the weather warms up, more people spend time outside, including ones who may be up to no good.
- Be sure to trim shrubs and plants growing under your home’s windows, to keep maximum visibility and minimize hiding places.
- If you open the windows during the day, make sure they are closed and locked in the evenings.
- As you’re outside doing yard work or landscaping projects, check to make sure your house numbers are clearly visible from the road. If they’re not, invest in new numbers and install them. These help first responders quickly locate your home in the event of an emergency.
Contact us today for a free home security and automation quote.